Shop for Washington Redskins gear at Fanatics.com

Report: Snyder Close to Deciding on New Name for Washington Franchise

The team formerly known as the “Redskins” are going to eventually be known as something else. That something else could be decided on sooner rather than later.

A report from TMZ says that Washington owner Daniel Snyder is close to choosing a new nickname for the franchise, and they both sound rather boring to be honest.

Here’s the report of the two possible selections.

We have 2 leaders in the clubhouse when it comes to the new permanent name for the Washington Football Team … and one of ’em is inspired by that other brand of football.

Team sources tell us owner Daniel Snyder is strongly considering sticking with the Washington Football Team — for good reasons that we’ll get into in a moment — but we’re also told the Washington Football Club is also in the running.

Washington Football Team or Washington Football Club? WFT or WFC?

Ugh.

Not sure about other fans, but to me both those names frankly stink. The team should follow through and go with a real name, not just be known as the “team” or “club.”

Let’s hope that a nickname with some sort of true meaning pops up and that Snyder changes his mind.


Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Redskins Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

6 Responses to “Report: Snyder Close to Deciding on New Name for Washington Franchise”

  1. Redskins HUB says:

    90%+ of the fanbase and 90%+ of Native Americans want the name Redskins – so unless you just like talking to the other 10%, go along with this tone deaf farce.

  2. Bloodklot says:

    Sentinels

  3. 1wftfan says:

    Redwolves or redhawks works best

  4. StarGirl says:

    I like the name Warriors because of what this team has been through. Warriors is a strong name too

  5. Jay says:

    I like Football Club. I have from the beginning. Then, we can be referred to as Washington FC.

  6. Will says:

    Pretty sure the Redskins is out of the equation,look at Cleveland Indians being changed as well….so, I really like the Resolves or Warriors. Red wolves allows us to keep HTTR!!

Leave a Reply