Shop for Washington Redskins gear at Fanatics.com

Redskins to Chat with Former Vikings Running Back Adrian Peterson

The Redskins are talking about bringing in a big name running back, but one who was on two teams last season – that being one-time Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.

Peterson started last season in New Orleans and was traded to the Arizona Cardinals, and is still a free agent on the open market.

Here’s the tweet about the possible move for the Redskins backfield.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Redskins Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

8 Responses to “Redskins to Chat with Former Vikings Running Back Adrian Peterson”

1. Ghost of Sammy Baugh says:

Hard to believe we’ve lost four RB’s in two pre-season games.

DERRIUS GUICE – season ending IR
    MARTEZ CARTER – waived injured IR
    BYRON MARSHALL – potential IR yet undetermined.
    SAMAJIE PERINE – ankle injury week to week.

“SKINS have done their due diligence by working out JAMAAL CHARLES, and ORLEANS DARKWA.
    My guess is both wanted more guarantees and money than the REDSKINS were willing to give.

ALLEN and company have done all they can on the free agent market by signing ADRIAN PETERSON for a vet minimum one-year with no strings attached.

Now they will no doubt wait as the cut-down September 1 date nears, and pick the best RB available before the dead-line, or at that time. I feel sure they have both a primary and secondary target in mind.

Management is doing the best they can under the circumstances.

DOUG WILLIAMS is making a positive difference for this franchise in my estimation at least.

2. Ghost of Sammy Baugh says:

De’Vonte SMITH has been added.

WILLIAMS is wasting no time searching for unknown depth at RB.

3. Ghost of Sammy Baugh says:

Last x-game up.

HOGAN gets the call.

MO HARRIS in concussion protocol. I wonder if they temporarily solve their WR numbers game by putting him on IR for six weeks.

RICHARDSON, DOCTSON, CROWDER, SIMS, QUINN, QUICK to start out.

4. Ghost of Sammy Baugh says:

OT – PARRIS
    OC – DUNN
    TE – FLANAGAN
    WR – COBBS
    QB – HOGAN

5. Ghost of Sammy Baugh says:

Revisions after fourth x-game.

QB – KEVIN HOGAN off the practice squad list

RB – DE’VEON SMITH on it.

Our defensive secondary is in serious trouble as long as DESHAZER EVERETT is on it.

FISH SMITHSON should have been capable by now of knocking him off the team, but EVERETT’s versatility keeps him coming back for more.

BLANDING is a sure tackler, but much too slow for the NFL.

We have got to have safety depth behind NICHOLSON and SWEARINGER.

I know, let’s trade for MINKAH FITZPATRICK.

Looks like one more draft before we fully recover from the 2012 RG III debacle.

Off four x-games I question whether we win 7 games this season.

Scared to get people hurt by not preparing the first team for a transition from COUSINS to SMITH is going to hurt well into the 2018 season.

6. Ghost of Sammy Baugh says:

RB – PERINE cut; KELLEY on.
    DL – TAYLOR Sr. cut: HOOD on.

Injured reserve or PUP:

RB GUICE
    RB MARSHALL
    WR DAVIS
    WR HARRIS
    TE GARNER
    OT CATALINA
    OG KOUANDJIO
    DT McGEE
    CB HOLSEY

Oh on kicking teams

LS SUNDBERG
    P WAY
    K HOPKINS, and put out a search for a replacement long-term.

7. GHOST of SAMMY BAUGH says:

O.K. so officially I was wrong on several players.

RB – PERINE makes it: BIBBS doesn’t. A me no la gusta.

TE/HB – HOLTZ doesn’t. Meh.

WR – HARRIS does: QUICK doesn’t. Bueno para me.

OG/C – KALIS doesn’t: DUNN does. Muy bueno.

ILB – SPAIGHT doesn’t: VIGIL does. No importa.

8. GHOST of SAMMY BAUGH says:

Late roster move

CALEB BRANTLEY DE in; ANTHONY LANIER II out, waived injured.

A good move in my estimation.

I saw LAMAR JACKSON scoot around his containment after he sucked inside on a reverse. I saw running backs burst into our second line of defense, as LANIER was anchored in his outside position and unable to disengage from his blocker to tackle the ball-carrier…..more than once. I saw him taking plays off playing LDE in the early x-games. I remember thinking, “who is that? LANIER? # 72? That’s LANIER. I can’t believe it. He’s not motivated it seems to me.”

So, I haven’t seen BRANTLEY on even one play, but I thrust the scouts and coaching staff that BRANTLEY will be an overall better player this season than ANTHONY.

To this point LANIER hasn’t been claimed by another team.