Redskins QB Robert Griffin III Leaves Preseason Game vs Lions w/ Stinger

The Redskins have a major scare on their hands, as starting QB Robert Griffin III went down in Thursday night’s preseason affair with the Lions.

The QB went down and had a concussion test, which reports say he passed. He won’t return to the preseason game.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Redskins Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

10 Responses to “Redskins QB Robert Griffin III Leaves Preseason Game vs Lions w/ Stinger”

1. Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

WILLIE SMITH played the role of statue in this one. To my mind, he played himself right off this team.

But no matter how badly the O-line performed, RGIII certainly didn’t help his cause by holding the ball, or not in one case.

Our franchise QB lies in the hands of COUSINS or McCOY in my opinion.

Not impressed with RGIII’s statement about being “the best in the league” either. I’m with BRIAN MITCHELL. Just shut up, and play winning football. If you can’t do that go home.

2. Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

I truly believe SCOTT McCLOUGHAN needs to revisit the O-line with the REDSKINS #1 in the next draft. The first team O-line was pretty awful tonight. This will be a rough season coming up at this rate.

We really miss those two #1’s we gave away for the rights to RGIII.

I was dead set against the move initially, but ultimately his play the first year really raised my hopes. Should have stuck to my guns. Way too much to pay for the right to move up a few slots.

3. Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

Call me crazy, but it looked to me as if the OL wasn’t particularly interested in protecting RGIII last week.

I’m sure the time element had something to do with it. Holding the ball, and not making split second decisions with it will get you killed in the NFL. This ain’t BAYLOR, man.

But really, it just seemed a lackluster job of pass blocking when he was in.

And now that WILL COMPTON’s injury is disclosed as a connective-tissue injury, has he been tested for viruses or an auto-immune problem? White corpuscle count could tell.

• Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

And thinking of QB’s, COLT McCOY has too much of a proclivity to tuck and run ala RGIII.

Note to COLT:

Take a lesson from RGIII.

Running with the ball will not secure you a permanent job in the NFL.

You’re there to move the football through the air, not on the ground. That should be reserved for the desperation situation only.

4. Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

Here’s a suggestion to the commish and the NFL powers that be:

When a touchback is recorded on a kick-off because it’s not within the field of play including the end-zone. Place the ball on the thirty-five rather than the twenty.

It’s becoming increasingly automatic for teams to kick the ball out of the end-zone to avoid a potential offensive runback. This robs the game of one of it’s most spectacular plays.

If the receiving team fields the kick-off in the end-zone and doesn’t elect to run it out, then place the ball on the twenty.

There should be a penalty for not allowing the receiving team the opportunity to make a play.

• Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

If the ball lands in the end-zone and isn’t fielded by the receiving team, then the ball should be placed on the ten.

5. Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

Well the third pre-season game is in the can.

The D-Line looks to be set and has been playing well.

At the OLB position, JUNIOR GALETTE and TREVARDO WILLIAMS are on the side-lines.

RYAN KERRIGAN is being held out until the start of the season it seems.

TRENT MURPHY doesn’t give the appearance of being the answer at OLB although he may start week one.

PRESTON SMITH appears to be a better player at this point.

And JACKSON JEFFCOAT has seized the day with TREVARDO WILLIAMS out with injury.

ILB has WIL COMPTON back.

Starters PERRY RILEY Jr. and KEENAN ROBINSON very good.

DAVID AMERSON has begun to play well enough to be on the team.

JUSTIN ROGERS looks good to me.

But neither JERON JOHNSON, nor DESHAUN GOLDSON have been impressive.

I’ve been telling my grandson he should switch to frre safety. RB’s are a dime a dozen, but safeties are in short supply.

HOUSTON BATES will make the practice squad provided he clears waivers. Like TEVIN MITCHELL, I don’t think he will.

• Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

Will it be JERRELL POWE or FRANK KEARSE as the seventh D-Lineman. I’m thinking KEARSE.

The last offensive tackle slot will probably be TY NSEKHE now that WIL SMITH is gone.

TAKOBY COFIELD to the practice squad.

6. Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

Cutdown to 75 has arrived.

JUNIOR GALETTE and 13others wereremoved from the roster.

Is anyone surprised that WILLIE SMITH is gone?

I thought HASSON would at least get to the final cuts.

7. Scott McCLOUGHAN fan says:

Hard for me to believe that we are nearing the end of the RGIII era in WASHINGTON. But coming from so many sources, it has to be considered at this point.