Brian Orakpo named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Redskins Outside Linebacker Brian Orakpo has been named NFC defensive player of the week, according to various news sources.

In last week’s 17-10 win over the St. Louis Rams, Orakpo’s stat line included 2.5 sacks, five tackles (two for a loss), three quarterback hits and a forced fumble. Orakpo now has 3.5 sacks on the season, tied for 12th in the NFL.

The honor comes just a few days after fellow outside linebacker Ryan Kerrigan was named NFC Defensive Rookie of the Month for September. It seems as though the Redskins plans of having a pair of linebackers capable of pressuring the quarterback and potentially altering the outcome of a game, has come to fruition (at least early on).

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Redskins Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

12 Responses to “Brian Orakpo named NFC Defensive Player of the Week”

1. 007 says:

‘SKINS are getting some recognition on defense….no? It’s well deserved.

Can’t wait to get JARVIS JENKINS into the mix next season.

Add an ILB in the first round of the draft to be the heir apparant to LONDON FLETCHER, the best FA corner on the marke,t a fourth safety with cover skills and turn the manimals loose on the public.

2. 007 says:

RIP STEVE JOBS

3. 007 says:

Take a center in the second round, an OT in the third if no FA RT is available.

4. 007 says:

PERRY RILEY doesn’t appear to be the heir apparant to FLETCHER

5. 007 says:

Add ons

FOX
    SCOTT
    WHITE
    THOMPSON

8. 007 says:

I didn’t think ROCKY Mac would be back, but I’m glad he is. Other teams schemed to iso him to their advantage, but McINTOSH has been biting them where it hurts by raising his level of play once he realized he was being picked on. I really don’t think he will be on next year’s roster, and I don’t see us getting any one of the three best Q-B’s at #1 in the ’12 draft.

I would spend it on the best ILB left in the first round when the REDSKINS pick to replace Mac and be groomed by FLETCHER for the future. LONDON is really long in the tooth and can’t play at this level for the next five years. I do not feel PERRY RILEY is the answer there. We really must address the two ILB positions through the draft, trade, or FA.

With WESTBROOK, we may have our answer for the fourth safety especially with he, GOMES, and MOORE slugging it out for the one position next season.

BRANDYN THOMPSON may be the answer for the fifth CB, but PHILLIP BUCHANON should be gone next season, and I don’t know if KEVIN BARNES can step up his play to take over that slot or not. Therefore, I would target the best CB available in FA.

SAV ROCCA sure puts the ‘foot’ in football doesn’t he?

9. 007 says:

G-Men AND IGGLES lose today. Expect the IGGLES to be loaded for bear next weekend.

• JT says:

“Expect the IGGLES to be loaded for bear next weekend.”

No way do the Eagles lose to the Skins Sunday(hoping I’m wrong)but they know their season is over if they lose. If they win they are still in the race for this division. I’ve seen all of the Eagles games. They’ve made a lot of metal errors but they make a lot of big plays and they can score in a hurry and they can put points up on the board. I expect them to modify their defensive scheme for this game too.
      The Skins will have to play their best to have a shot and I hope they do play their best. No mistakes, no stupid penalties. They can take the Eagles out of this race with a win. That would be huge. Then it’s just the Boys and the Ants and I expect New England to beat the Boys Sunday.

10. 007 says:

Back to the same old refrain to wit:

Our starting QB, and three fifths of our starting o-line are not up to snuff, although I think we have the interchangable back-ups in MONTGOMERY, CHESTER, and BROWN. I can live with LICHTENSTEIGER as a starter because WILLIAMS improves his play.

Take a center in the second round of next season’s draft, an OT in the third if an upgrade over BROWN cannot be had any other way [trade, FA signing].

As to the QB, I really have no answer. We need a top-tier young QB to climb to the highest level of the NFL next season and thereafter, but how is beyond me. It’s time for BRUCE ALLEN to be the magician that pulls the proverbial rabbit out of the hat between this season and next.

11. 007 says: